This guide will help you get started with your new shared or business hosting account. If you have other questions, please get in touch with us and we’d be happy to help.
How do I Login to My cPanel Account?
- Follow the link in your Welcome e-mail message to your cPanel login URL
- Enter your Login Credentials from your Welcome e-mail message at the cPanel login prompt
How do I Upload Files?
Option 1: Web Interface
- Now that you’re logged into cPanel, click the link that says File Manager
- Select Web Root and then click Go
- Click Upload to upload your website
NOTE: Once the Domain Name Servers have propogated, your site will be fully loaded. For more information on how this works, you can see this article on setting up domain and hosting.
Option 2: FTP Client
NOTE: We recommend using the FileZilla FTP client to upload your site. Download it here free.
Once FileZilla is installed, login to your account via FTP:
- Open FileZilla
- Enter your temporary FTP Hostname that is in your Welcome e-mail message
- Next you’ll enter your Username and Password from the Welcome e-mail message
- Navigate to the public_html folder and upload your site
NOTE:Once the Domain Name Servers have propogated, your site will be fully loaded.
Installing Software via Softaculous
Within all of our Shared, Business, and Reseller hosting packages is the Softaculous App Installer. This is a very powerful tool loaded with hundreds of popular software scripts setup for quick and easy installation. These include but are not limited to: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc. Please see the short video below for a quick tutorial on how to install scripts with the Softaculous Installer:
Creating and Accessing Email Accounts
From cPanel, it’s very easy to both add and login to new email accounts. To create a new email account, click the Email Accounts icon in your cPanel and on the resulting page fill in the appropriate details, the below video gives a step by step walkthrough:
To login to a created email account, navigate to the same Email Accounts page and you will see a listing of created accounts. Click the More drop down menu next to the account in question, then click Access Webmail to login. Again, a short video is provided to illustrate: