How do I Setup Nameservers?
This guide will walk you through how to change your Domain Name Server and point it towards the right location, whether you want to point the DNS to Hostwinds servers or another 3rd party location.
To change or set the DNS for your domain, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Hostwinds account
- Go to My Domains found in the Domains section
- Verify the domain you’re changing nameservers for
- Go to DNS Server Settings (You can also use the dropdown list for Manage Domain to select it)
- If you’re going to use nameservers we’ve provided, simply choose Our Servers
a. If you’re going to use others, choose Custom and you can use a maximum of 5 nameservers