How to Install Joomla Using cPanel
Joomla is one of the many free and popular Content Management Systems available to you. Even better, Joomla is very easy to setup with the Softaculous App Installer, the necessary steps will be detailed below.
- Log in to your cPanel
- Scroll down until you find the Softaculous icon and click on it (as seen below)
- Once you are inside Softaculous, On the left, Click on Portals/CMS
- Find Joomla in the list and Click the hard drive icon on the right (as seen below)
- You should see an overview of information about Joomla. Click the blue Install button at the top
- There will be a list of options you will need to set
- The In Directory option lets you put the installation in a folder of your choosing
NOTE: If you want it installed on the main page of your site, make sure this field is blank
- We recommend changing the default password and username to something of your choosing
- When you are finished with the settings, click Install at the bottom. (as seen below)
- It should go to a loading page (as seen below)
- Once it has loaded, you will be prompted that your setup is finished! (as seen below)
You are now ready to use Joomla!