How Do I Upgrade My Hosting?
Upgrading an existing service is made quick and easy through your Hostwinds client area. Through your client area you can upgrade any existing service within it’s product line. Meaning if you have a Basic Shared hosting account, and you need to host another domain, you can upgrade to either the Advanced Shared or Ultimate Shared without having to contact support.
The exception would be if you wish to upgrade from Shared to Business, or from either Shared/Business to a cloud or dedicated server. If you wish to change product lines, you would need to create a support ticket and we can advise on the steps needed to proceed and help with any data migration. Should you have any questions about what fits you best, please contact us via Live Chat and we would be happy to help.
To perform an upgrade to an existing service, please see the steps below:
- Login to the Hostwinds client area ( https://clients.hostwinds.com/clientarea.php )
- Click on Services > My Services and then Manage on the service you wish to upgrade:
- Click Upgrade/Downgrade
- Then select the level you would like to order and proceed accordingly.
- Upgrading from a shared account to a business account requires a support ticket, and cannot be done via your client area as a data migration is required. If this is desired, open a support ticket from your client area and let us know, we’ll be happy to help!
- Upgrading or downgrading an existing cloud server is virtually instant, and our support is available if any issues.