Enabling Remote Audio for Windows Server 2008 R2
In some instances you may find that you’d like to hear the audio that is being captured or transmitted from your Windows server. By default this functionality is disabled, however in this article we will cover how to enable this so that you can listen to audio from your Windows server. Please note that this has only been tested using the Remote Desktop Connection application found in Windows 7 connecting to a Windows 2008 R2 server. You’ll need to be connected to your server via the Remote Desktop Connection (RDP/RDC). When you’re ready to proceed please refer to the following steps.
- Click Start on your Windows server
- Type tsconfig.msc in the search box and hit Enter
- Double click the connection
- Go to “Client Settings” tab
- Uncheck the Audio and video playback checkbox
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- Close the Remote Desktop session and reconnect
Remote audio should now be working as expected.