How to Control Your Server Instance from the Client Area
To control your server instance, first login to your client area, and then navigate to Services > My Services in the menu bar. On the resulting page, select Manage for your server that you wish to apply changes to:
From here, you can scroll down and you can view the available options for your server which are detailed below:
- Console – This provides a KVM console to login to your server instance, most useful when you are having a networking issue that is stopping an RDP or SSH connection.
- Reboot – This power cycles your server, turning it off and on again.
- Shutdown – This shuts your server down, not bringing it back online.
- Boot – This powers on an offline server.
- Rebuild – This allows you to reinstall your server to it’s default state, or you can also install a completely new operating system if desired.
- PAE – Stands for Physical Address Extension, only relevant for older 32 bit operating systems. Enabled by default and should be left alone unless you have a specific need to disable.
- Graphs – This gives a raw graph readout of inbound and and outbound network usage over the last 24 hours.
Below these options you can also view your usage graphs, how much memory is currently being used, how much drive space is being used presently, as well as traffic and load average graphs.