How do I connect to the server via SSH?
The following guide is a tutorial on how to access the server via SSH through the command line.
- You’ll need to have or get an SSH Client like Putty
- Review your initial Welcome email from Hostwinds during new client sign up
- Put the IP address provided in the “Host Name” text box
- Enter the SSH port number into the “Port” field (the default is 22)
- Click Open
- User name should be root
- Find and use the password that was sent in the initial Welcome email
Note: While typing the password you’ll not see any characters appear in the terminal screen.